Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Stars!

I have an uncle who really likes stars. Really really likes stars. So I purchased this fabric at Mill End the other week in honor of him. I have seen this fabric offered online for cheaper (I purchased it for $7.29/yard), but it wasn't worth the shipping for me as I only needed a 1/2 yard. The scale on this fabric is really nice: small without being minuscule (that is a quarter in the lower right corner to give you an idea of scale). This is a pretty typical printed quilting cotton, not too much special about it except that it has stars and dots. I chose it for the subtle irregularity of the pattern, the cute-but-not-in-your-face quality, and the fact that it is only black and white. It will go well with some other black and white patterned fabric that I have.

No comments: